Dr. Gabriel Carles is an Obstetric-Gynaecologist with over 30 years of clinical experience, Head of the pôle Mère-Enfant of the Centre Hospitalier de l’Ouest Guyanais (CHOG) in St.Laurent du Maroni, French Guiana.
Dr. Carles is also Staff of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of the French Antilles in French Guiana, where he lectures and supervises undergraduate and postgraduate clinical practice and conducts research on obstetric gynaecology, tropical medicine and retrovirology.
He has published extensively on maternal and neonatal health, infectious diseases and tropical medicine and is the author of 65 referenced publications on Pubmed.
His five most referenced articles are:
- Gabriel Carles, Hubert Peiffer, Antoine Talarmin. Effects of Dengue Fever during Pregnancy in French Guiana. Clin Infect Dis.(1999)28(3):637-640.
- Patricia Tortevoye, Philippe Tuppin, Christian Peneau, Gabriel Carles, Antoine Gessain. Decrease of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I prevalence and low incidence among pregnant women from a high endemic ethnic group in French Guiana. Int. J. Cancer: 87, 534–538 (2000)
- Gabriel Carles, Nathalie Tobal, Pierre Raynal, Gael Beucher, Philippe Arbeille Doppler assessement of the fetal cerebral hemodynamic response to moderate or severe maternal anemia.Am J Obstet Gynecol . 2003 ;188 :794-9
- Célia Basurko , Gabriel Carles, M Youssef , WE Guindi .Maternal and fetal consequences of dengue fever during pregnancy. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009 Nov;147(1):29-32.
- Philippe Arbeille, Gabriel Carles, Franck Bousquet, Gilles Body and Jacques Lansac. Fetal cerebral and umbilical artery blood flow changes during pregnancy complicated bymalaria. JUM April 1, 1998 vol. 17no. 4223-229